I just finished watching I Am Legend, starring Will Smith. For the first time in many many years, I had tears in my eyes...
Many of us have gone through a phase of saying "We're lonely, nobody cares or loves us." I, too, have gone through such a phase, because it just seems "cool" to be "emo or gothy", seems "cool" to think that we are alone "wandering the earth till the end of time".
It took me this movie, this splendid movie which i rate 9.5/10, -0.5 because i felt it was too short, to realise that what i did in that phase was stupid. Yes, i said i was lonely, yes, i said i was unloved. But i knew that any moment, i could reach out for the phone to message someone, chat on msn with my friends, with people who care for me.
In the movie, New York city is being quarantined and everyone has to leave, except the character Will is playing. He, pushed his family away from the city for their safety so that he could fight the "zombie virus" alone...
The only companion he had was a dog... and some mannequins, can u believe that? mannequins...
And the dog, dies halfway through the movie... That, dear readers, is true loneliness... I'm not saying that we're never lonely, of course, fact is, im lonely right now, but i know that if i wanted to, i could call some of my friends to go out with me... Will's character on the other hand doesnt even have that option.
What indeed is loneliness?
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment